Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Allie's Blessing Day

Allie was blessed on Sunday, March 5th by her dad in the Deer Mountain Ward in Bluffdale, UT. It was a beautiful blessing.

People in attendance:
-Randy Wall and Verna Sargent (Grayson's Popo and his new wife)
-Scott and Christi Groharing
-Emilee, Haylie, and Hunter Gourley along with Greyson Bogden (Emi's boyfriend) and Bridger Jessop (Haylie's boyfriend)
-Ashley, Trevor, and Mason Mendenhall
-Cheryl Peterson and Doug Lee
-Katie Groharing
-Brady and Michaela Groharing
-Connie Davis
-Maurine Peterson
-Tracy McCurdy
-Melissa, Steve, and Oliver Koplin

The men invited into the circle were Brady, my dad, Popo, and Bishop Carter.

 My favorite parts were when Grayson blessed her to notice the good in others. I always say that I don't care if my kids aren't the smartest kids in class, but I want them to be the nicest. I really do hope that both of our girls grow up with a strong love for others and that they seek out the good in them.
Allie was awesome during the blessing and didn't cry at all. I was worried she might scream the whole time. I stepped out to change her and feed her at the beginning of the meeting and got back into the chapel in the nick of time.

She wore a sweater crocheted by Grandma Bingo for me when I was a baby, a dress crocheted by Connie for me, shoes given to me by Cindi for Zoey's blessing, a bracelet given to Allie by my mom, and a headband made by me for the occasion.

We went back to our house after the meeting for a little bit to give Connie an opportunity to hold Allie for a while and to spend a little more time with Popo and Verna before they headed back to Arizona. After the get together here, we headed over to Dad and Christi's house for a brunch that she made. It was a really nice little party and I was very thankful to Christi for putting it together. She always makes the best food! It was a nice day. (But very long!)

We are so thankful for our sweet little Allie and I was so glad we could spend the day with surrounded by our family. She is one loved little girl, that's for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment